Hello my faithful minions (terlalu banyak main VampireWars),
We have our own up and down in life. Earlier event today give me a lil’ piece of both
I have to break me room’s door because somehow i accidentally locked it. damnit! At first i was Macgyver ing my way in. one screwdriver and one unused laminated “credit card size” card. And there’s me, bertukang depan bilik, try to figure out how door lock works. While i glance through (in my head) on “how to be an a amateur theft in 30 days” manual, i realize that time is running out (not rili because im a hard headed + ill tempered jerk). So what a stupo like me will do? u know what they say “if gentle talk/diplomatic way won’t work,just force your way thru!”. I was, “ah! fluke with it! for Khaz MoDan!!!”
BLAMMMM! first try. owh, btw i do it by throwing my body (shoulder to be precise) at the door. dem that hurts (what can u expect from a skinny dude who trying to break a door.huhu). plus side, i can see the door frame at the door lock start cracking. GOOD.
BLAMMMMMMM! second try. Part of the door frame chipped off. ok,next one will be a final blow before i text my boss for an emergency leave. hehe.
BLAMMMM!!! third times a flukin charm! with aching shoulder, i continue my morning routine (mandi, iron baju, gi keje)
Note to self: buy a sledge hammer and keep it in my store room.
P/s: thanks for the help housemate.
Last weeks, i have been working to fix my pc. issue: i can’t boot into the OS after BIOS. my first troubleshoot result shows that one of the hardisk is failure. future down the line i also realize that the mobo giving me a false alarm. ram not stable, graphic card failure are one of the issues represented to my by mobo’s status LED (which is misleading!). So i just ignore all the info i get from the mobo’s LED and go to basic. Eliminate the cause one by one..first, graphic cards..looks good..i can view the bios etc. then ram..test run on random read/write using memtest shows that the ram is a-ok. proc looks fine in the bios..so it boils down to mobos, and my 3 hardisk. i plug in the hardisk one by one..and voula! my 160GB HDD that holds my OS is fried! the health test using S.M.A.R.T showing series of failure. So, i plug in the rest of the HDD 640GB + 640GB. reload the OS (moving to Windows 7 from native Windows XP) and runs nicely (although one of the HDD shows 4kb of bad sector). BUT yay! i can revive my disk again. My 1st 640GB (named: 640GB) and 2nd 640GB (named: Backup) contains a lot of files..movies,games (including the new revenge of the fallen), music, tv series..u name it! i’m glad i can have it back.*fuhhh*
This prob being a pain in my arse because during my 1st troubleshoot i assume that:
1. My 640GB (which giving me 4KB of bad sector) is causing the problem. No biggie since all the files in 640GB is mirrored to my Backup HDD. But after i un-plugged the 640GB my OS still unbootable (and the mobo’s starts giving me all the crappy error), which bring me to 2nd conclusion:
2. My mobo’s is fried! dem! and mobo’s cost around RM600+ (a good, overclockable mobo’s like the one i have right now) and my funding to hobby is totally dry (just brought a new phone for office line).
3. Not until last night, i do the troubleshooting above and initially save me RM600+. yay!!
4. I still need to replace my HDD tho’ (but not critical as mobo’s issue)..that can wait..and im going for 2TB..hehe..
My special thanks to God (who gave me a lil more faith that soothe my soul..and to this tools that i have used along the way:
1. Hawk PE 4.3 – memtest, HDD health test
2. Ubuntu 10.4 (thnx Pingu)
3. Windows XP + Windows 7 (thnx Bill)
4. Knoppix 6.2 – various kick-arse tools (them germans are good.hehe)
Note to self: next purchase -> 2TB HDD -> Full Tower Chassis -> AMD3 X6 + 4GB DDR3 + AMD3 mobos -> GC
P/s: i recommend all the tools above exp #1 and #4 for pc diagnostic and troubleshooting
LoneWolf: apparently, the injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighted in the same scales